Wednesday 23 July 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry - Review

Hi ladies! Today I'll be reviewing a current favourite of mine: the Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry ! I absolutely love matte lipsticks because they flatter my full lips. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stains were already very popular with beauty lovers before Revlon launched these Matte Balms. When I heard about them, I knew I must get one for myself and luckily when I placed my order, there was an offer going on these so I picked up one for myself and one for my sister.

These matte balms have the typical chubby stick packaging with the twist-up mechanism, so there is no hassle of sharpening. The sticks are completely matte and they are the same color as the balm inside which makes them really easy to spot in your makeup stash.


The formula of the balm is the bomb! It is non-drying and though it settles into your fine lines, it does not accentuate any dryness. The pigmentation is amazing, and you need a maximum of 2 swipes on both lips to obtain full opacity. The balm has no smell but you feel a minty sensation when you apply it on your lips. However, this sensation dies soon after you apply it. After application, the balm sets to a matte finish and lasts for about 4 hours on your lips, without eating or drinking. It leaves behind an uneven stain on my lips. The shade Sultry is amazing. It is a rose-brown color and compliments on our desi skintones wonderfully. I love how it looks lovely with any sort of look. I can wear it in the morning to work/university and I can even carry it with a smokey eye for a night-time look. The shade is true to its name and definitely gives a sultry finish to your makeup.

   L- Bare Lips                                                                 R- Revlon Sultry applied

Swatch: Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry
I'm really loving my Revlon Matte Balm and I have my eye on Striking next, which is an orangy-red color. Waiting for Ulta to have an offer on them so that I can grab it.

Have you tried any of the Revlon Matte Balms? Which shades? Let me know in the comments.

Love.