Sunday 16 November 2014

Benefit Hotrageous Value Set


When it comes to value sets, Benefit Cosmetics without a doubt tops the list! Their value sets are incredible and you get a chance to try a variety of products for almost the price of one. Though the products are deluxe, they are not only adorable, they last you a long time also.


Watts Up and They're Real Mascara have been on my wishlist for ages and I have never been able to collect enough money to indulge in them. When I spotted this set on one of the Facebook pages, I decided that I needed to get hold of this set since it included not only the two items on my wishlist but also the much raved Porefessional and Hoola. The set was a Sephora Insider and exclusively available to Sephora members and could be bought with points only.

They're Real - Mascara

Definitely one of the most raved out mascaras out there and there's definitely a reason behind the hype. Benefit's They're Real adds length and volume to the lashes. My lashes are slightly curled and the mascara defines the curl lightly, though nothing too dramatic. Loved the mascara a lot and have already ordered a full-sized one.

L- Bare lashes                                                                  R- They're Real applied

Watts Up - Highlighter


Watts Up has been on my wishlist the longest and I'm glad I decided to get this. This highlighter is definitely the most subtle in my stash and gives a soft glow to the face. It lasts for almost 6 hours on my face before fading. More so, the highlighter is extremely pigmented and only a little bit is needed to add that luminosity.

Hoola











Hoola is a matte light brown bronzer with which I lightly contour my face everyday. It is extremely pigmented and one swipe of the brush is enough to add color and warmth to one side of your face. The bronzer is powdery and there is a bit of fall-out but I tend to ignore that and blow the extra powder away. Hoola lasts for about 5 hours on my face before fading.

Porefessional

I use a primer only on special occasions and since this is such a tiny tube, I use this even more carefully. I use a tiny bit of primer to cover the little pores I have near my nose area. The primer covers them properly and makes the skin smooth for foundation application. So a thumbs up from my side!

Lollietint

I'm not a very big fan of tints, and so I gave this tint away to another makeup-loving friend of mine, Bakhtawar Tahir of Beauty Mayhem Blog. Here's a mini review that she wrote for us :)

Hi all,

Firstly i'd like to thank Saman for featuring me in this review. Secondly I'd like to thank her again =D for this lovely Lollitint which I received as a gift from her (^_^) Thank you so much Saman lots of love and best wishes for you <3

So I am here to review Benefit Lollitint:

Let's see what Benefit says about it:
“Our candy-orchid tint treats lips & cheeks to a “pop” of dreamy sweetness. It’s the flirtiest flush you can get from a bottle…and its smudge-proof, smooch-proof color lasts from A.M. to P.M. Talk about stain power!”

Lollitint swatches courtesy: Bakhtawar
Top- Heavy         Bottom- Blended
It's a very pretty cool toned lilac-y pink shade. The texture is watery but it feel very gel like but it's not sticky at all!! It's like a liquid gel =D. On lips when you first apply it it looks very glossy with time the gloss fades but the pretty lilac-y tint remain and lasts for good 5 hours on lips. On cheeks it leaves a gorgeous pink flush. You can keep it sheer or build it up according to your liking. One thing you have to be careful about while applying it on cheeks is that it dries really fast so you have to be quick with blending it. On my combination oily skin i get a decent wear of almost 8 hours. All in all I really like it and recommend it to those who are fair to medium skin toned it might not show up well on darker skin tones.


Like I mentioned earlier, Benefit's Value Sets are the bomb and they are definitely worth a buy! Each one the product available in the set is amazing and a bestseller. I have been using these products regularly and I love them! Keep a look out for such sets by following Benefit's Facebook page or Sephora or Ulta's Facebook pages since some sets are exclusive to these stores only.

Love.

P.s. The Makeup Pouch sends lots of love to Bakhtawar and her blog, Beauty Mayhem. You can check out her blog here