Saturday 25 April 2015

Wedding Favourites!


With two family weddings and lots of dinner parties following, I got a chance to use a lot of my makeup. I was just putting my makeup away when I decided to write a bit on my favourite things during this wedding season.

1) Urban Decay Naked 2
I used this palette to create most of my eye looks. The gold eyeshadow in this palette, Half Baked, is the best gold color I have ever seen!

2) Armatic False Lashes
These false lashes are dirt cheap and add the oompphh to your eye makeup. This was the first time that I used false lashes and I loved the overall effect. 

3) Beauty Blender
They do say that this little sponge is magic and after using it, I could not agree more. I used this to blend my foundation, concealer, cream highlighter as well as used the tip to contour with my cream concealers. 

4) NARS All Day Luminous Foundation
How could this beauty not be in the list! Loved the coverage the foundation gave and how smooth and luminous it made my skin look! 

5) Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlights
The glow that they give to the skin is like none other.

6) ELF Makeup Mist and Set
This setting spray makes your makeup last forever along with bringing out the high points of your makeup including your highlighter and blush!


7) Real Techniques Brushes
I don't think I can ever live without these brushes! They make makeup application a piece of cake. 

8) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette 
Although I used a variety of blushes and mixed quite a few of them, this palette was probably the most used. These buttery smooth blushes are super blendable and give a lit from within glow.

9) Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Fair (15)
The undereye highlighting that I get with this is beyond beautiful! It totally brightens up the area and makes my undereye look super bright!

10) BH Cosmetics Concealer and Corrector Palette in Dark
This palette is perfect for contouring, highlighting and correcting. It has an orange corrector to counter any darkness, a light shade for highlighting and a few dark browns for contouring. The darkest brown shade in the palette gives an intense contour which looks amazing in pictures as well in real life.

It feels great that I used a lot of my old and new makeup and now there's not a single, unused thing in my stash. Weddings are probably one of those ocassions on which you can go all out with your makeup and nothing can hold you back. I loved using each and every makeup item and this time I also enjoyed doing makeup on the ladies in the family. 

Let me know which product you want me to review first now. 

Love.