Saturday 22 July 2017

Serene Organics

Organic and pure products especially for skin and hair care are the rage these days. I, myself prefer to use pure products, particularly for my skin because good skin changes the way you look and feel. Recently, 2 young graduates, Fatima and Shahama from the Lahore University of Management Sciences set up a social enterprise which focuses on providing pure and unadulterated oils. To find out more about them and their products, keep reading!

ABOUT

Serene Organics is a social enterprise incubated at the Social Innovation Lab at LUMS and is the brainchild of 2 young women. They are health brand, dealing primarily in pure, organically extracted oils.
WHY IS IT A SOCIAL ENTERPRISE

- Traditional oil extractors of Pakistan are share holders in the enterprise, thereby promoting local goods.

- The packaging of their products is done in an appealing jute pouch made only for their products, whose stitching is done by women who are in need for self-employment while being at home.

Serene Organic's Jute Pouches
- It promotes good health with the use of organic foods/raw materials.


EXPERIENCE

Having tried and tested their oils personally, I can definitely vouch for them. Not only are the oils pure, they are also fresh and have an amazing smell. I'll also add here that one of the main reasons why I love these oils is because of the consistency. The oils are more fluid and have a thinner consistency which is why they don't feel very heavy on the hair or skin unlike other oils. Serene's Coconut Oil has become my go-to for removing makeup because it not only removes the most stubborn of makeup, it doesn't dry out my skin or leave it feeling tight and uncomfortable.

Other than that, I use a mixture of their Almond, Jojoba and Mustard Oil on my hair and I have seen a visible difference in my hair in just a few uses. So its safe to say that the hype is indeed real.


For all those looking to add pure oils to their beauty regime, I would highly recommend Serene Organics because they not only have great quality products, their prices are also reasonable. Plus, since it is a social enterprise, you are contributing to local women who are working hard to make ends meet.

Here's to seeing more of such enterprises in the future and we wish Serene Organics all the best for the future.

Follow them on Facebook and Instagram to find out more about their products and their secret tips!

Love.