Tuesday 18 July 2017

tarteist quick dry matte lip paint in Bling - Review


tarte is definitely one of my favourite brands considering how great their products are especially their blushes and eyeshadows. I had been wanting to try their new quick dry matte lip paints for a while now but never got around to ordering one until recently when Dermstore was having their Spring Sale and I decided to sneak in one of these into my order. In any case, after seeing this shade on Temptalia, I was sold.
Bling is a lovely warm plum-pink shade with hints of brown in it. It is definitely more of a fall colour than a spring/summer one and I see myself using this a lot in the coming months. To be very honest, the colour is the best part of this lip paint because the formula was a little disappointing. I have used and liked tarte's Creamy Matte Lip Paint and I was hoping that this would be similar to that except a bit more matte. However, both the formulas are extremely different.


While the Creamy Matte Lip Paint was creamier and more comfortable to wear, the quick dry matte lip paint is drier and flakier in comparison. It has a thin consistency which applies smoothly and dries instantly. However, once it dries down, it feels a little uncomfortable and peels off slightly from the inner rim of the lower lip. This bit is really annoying and you have to reapply the lipstick there for a lasting finish. The formula reminds of the Kylie Liquid Lipsticks which also have a dry finish, but I feel that the wear of these is much better. Luckily, I've found a way around this. I start by lining my lips with a nude lip liner. After that, I apply a lip primer on my lips. However, I don't allow the primer to settle in completely and apply the lip paint before the primer looses its creaminess. This way, I am able to blend the lip paint and correct any errors. With a lip primer, the liquid lipstick feels more comfortable and doesn't flake. As far as the longevity is concerned, the lip paint manages to stay put for almost 6 hours. But eating and drinking causes the lipstick to fade and peel off from the centre and hence needs to be reapplied.


The doe-foot applicator, pictured above, which comes with the lip paint is amazing. It has a small dent which helps in precise application of the lipstick because it kind of hugs the lips. While, the pointed tip helps in precise lining.

tarte's quick dry matte lip paints comes in a variety of the most gorgeous colours and I have my eyes on several of them. I really wish the formula was a bit more comfortable but given the shades I am willing to make an extra effort to wear these.

Love.