Monday 31 July 2017

Laura Geller Baked Illuminator in Gilded Honey - Review


Hello hello! This unfortunate post has been lying in the drafts since forever. Haha. But now I have finally managed to put together this blogpost on one of my favourite gold highlighters: Laura Geller Baked Illuminator in Gilded Honey. Gold highlighters are definitely one of my makeup weaknesses because they complement our wheatish, Asian skintones so beautifully.

Laura Geller Gilded Honey made its way to my stash a few months ago and when I first used it I ended up looking like a gold disco ball because I applied a whole lot of it to my face. That experience left me a little scared and I hesitated using this highlighter again. I then read a few blogposts on how other bloggers use this highlighter and decided to give it another try. The next time I tried it, I used it with a light hand and built it up slowly. This time, the highlighter looked absolutely gorgeous! It gave a soft, candlelit glow to the face which almost appeared as if you were glowing from within. From that point onwards, Gilded Honey became one of my most used highlighters, especially when I want to wear a highlighter without it looking too obvious.


Gilded Honey is the perfect pure gold shade. The gold is so pretty that the highlighter can even be used as an eyeshadow. Since the illuminator is baked, it is not very pigmented on touch. However, it is smooth and blendable and applies well on the cheeks. The wear time is also great and lasted almost 8 hours on my cheeks.

Laura Geller Gilded Honey on cheekbones
The brush which has worked the best with this highlighter is the Morphe M501 which is small and fluffy. It gives precise application and picks little products which is great for products like these.


In the picture above, I have swatched Laura Geller's Gilded Honey with other popular highlighters such as Becca's Champagne Pop and Wet n Wild's Boozy Brunch. Champagne Pop is definitely more peachier compared to Gilded Honey, while Boozy Brunch is brighter and has less gold. However, I think if you're looking for a affordable dupe for Gilded Honey, WnW's Boozy Brunch is the closest match.

All in all, I love Laura Geller's Gilded Honey for the soft, golden sheen that it gives to the skin and I would recommend this highlighter to anyone looking for a pure gold highlight. 

Love.