Tuesday 4 July 2017

Monthly Favourites - May & June 2017

We're more than halfway through the year and I am still feeling as if the year just started which means that all the New Year's resolution are nowhere close to being fulfilled *sigh*. Anyways, will refrain from unnecessary whining and get into writing about the makeup which has been dominating my face recently.

1) Huda Beauty Liquid Mattes in Gossip Gurl and Trendsetter

Huda Beauty Liquid Mattes are one of my favourite liquid lipsticks mostly because of their comfortable and long lasting formula. Gossip Gurl and Trendsetter are my definitely my picks for the summer because they are so wearable. Gossip Gurl is a lovely muted warm pink shade, while Trendsetter is the perfect light nude on me. Would definitely recommend these to everyone!

2) Jouer Powder Highlighter in Topaz

This highlighter by Jouer gives the most amazing summer glow ever! Topaz is a warm antique gold which gives a beautiful bronzey glow to the face.

3) Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

This foundation has become my go-to because it covers my imperfections flawlessly and adds a natural radiance without making my face look cakey or made up. More so, it doesn't slip off in this horrible heat and humidity and stays on for a good 6-8 hours if you prime and set your skin well. 

4) Maybelline Baby Skin Primer

Lately I have been obsessed with primers because in my opinion, your makeup only looks good if the base is impeccable. Hence, I have been trying primers right, left and centre. Maybelline's Baby Skin Primer is a locally available drugstore gem because it helps to minimize the appearance of pores and keeps the makeup stay on for longer.

5) NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer

My makeup routine is incomplete without a concealer thanks to pesky dark circles. Though I was not a big fan of the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, I still went ahead and purchased this concealer because of the rave reviews I had read on this. Needless to say, the product lived up to its expectations and I love how flawlessly this concealer covers up my dark circles without being cakey.

6) Colourpop Brushes

Last but not the least, Colourpop Brushes especially the Angled Liner Brush and the Blending Brush have become a staple in my makeup routine. The brushes are super cute and are of great quality. The Blending Brush allows for precise application of the shadow, especially in the crease area while the Angled Liner Brush helps make immaculate lines and super-fine wings. Can't imagine doing my makeup without these now!

And that sums up my makeup favourites for these hot, summer months! Love.