Wednesday 26 July 2017

The Summer Edit


Summer is upon us in its full glory making us and our makeup routines completely miserable. I have been trying to avoid makeup because it tends to become a hot mess as soon as you step outside but there are days where it is absolutely impossible to avoid it. On those days, there are some products which have shone and have managed to withstand the heat. Hence, I decided to compile a blogpost on those products for you all. Here goes.
PRIMER

- Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Erasing Primer

This primer has been great for blurring out my pores, making my skin smooth and helping my makeup last longer. Plus a primer is great to make your makeup look more put together.


FOUNDATION

In this category, I decided to add one high-end option and one drugstore option so that my readers can choose according to their budget.

- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

This foundation has the perfect formula for the summer season. Once set it doesn't budge and literally sticks to your skin. It is a matte and full coverage foundation.

Full review here.


- Revlon Colourstay Foundation


Famous for being Estee Lauder's DW dupe, this foundation is also brilliant for the summers since it is matte, full coverage and lasts almost all day.
Full review here.

Loreal Pro Matte is also a great foundation for the summer, just saying!

CONCEALER

- MAC ProLongWear Concealer 

Despite all the new concealers I have been trying out these days, I keep going back to the MAC's ProLong Wear concealer because not only does it cover my dark circles extremely well, it also lasts very long, even without powder since it is not very creamy.

Full review here.



FACE POWDER
- Ben Nye Yellow Powder 

My holy grail powder for the setting and baking the under eye especially, since it sets my concealer really well, prevents it from creasing and also helps my face appear brighter and my eyes more open.

I don't use a compact powder because I have normal skin but for oilier skins would definitely recommend MAC Face Powder or Luscious.

BLUSH



- Masarrat Misbah Ballet Glow

This blush has been creating waves ever since it was released a few weeks back. And let me say the hype is definitely real. Ballet Glow gives gorgeous, flushed cheeks and adds a lovely glow to the face, so much so that you can even skip on the highlighter.

- Clinique Cheek Pops

If I had to choose only one blush for the rest of my life, I would definitely choose the cheek pops. They are pigmented, buttery smooth and look natural on the cheeks. Rosy Pop is the one blush if I had to choose one blush for the rest of my life.

Going to just mention that tarte and NARS blushes are also great since their lasting power is brilliant!

HIGHLIGHTERS
- Colourpop Highlighters

The bouncy, creamy texture of the Colourpop highlighters makes them perfect for the summer glow. I particularly love Smoke n Whistles.

- the Balm Mary Lou Manizer 

Mary Lou Manizer was the first ever highlighter that I got when I first stepped into makeup and blogging and my love for it is still going strong. The mantra with this (and generally highlighters in the summers) is "less is more". Love the pale golden champagne glow it adds to the skin.

CONTOUR


- NYX Highlight and Contour Pro Palette

In the summers it is always advised to contour with a light hand because all the humidity and sweat will cause your face to be an muddy mess. However, on occasions where I do contour, I have been swearing by this NYX Palette. The palette has a great shade selection and I usually mix 1 or 2 shades to achieve the perfect contour. The setting powders and highlighters are also lovely.

SETTING SPRAYS 



- Urban Decay All Nighter

For makeup that lasts all day and beyond, there is nothing better than this setting spray by Urban Decay. It seals your makeup and keeps it looking fresh for hours!

- NYX Setting Spray in Dewy Finish

A good drugstore option which I keep for everyday use. It makes my makeup last for a good few hours and makes it look more put together. However, for people with oily skins, I would recommend the Matte Finish one.
EYES



For me, summer is all about keeping the eyes light and looking fresh. For that I will tend to use light browns, golds and champagne tones. 

- Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette 

The Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette is my ultimate summer palette! The bright peaches and rose golds along with the darker shades are perfect for both day and night glam!

- Colourpop Pressed Shadows

I am big fan of the Colourpop Super Shock eyeshadows and now their pressed powder. Both of them are smooth, pigmented and long-lasting. Listing all the colours which I feel are spring/summer appropriate.
Super Shock Eyeshadows- Sunset Boulevard, Un, Amaze, Nillionaire
Pressed Powder Shadows: Just in Time, Bel Air, Ringer
Read review.

- Inglot Eyeliner

For the perfect line that lasts all day.

Full review here.

- Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara

My all time favourite for long, fluttery lashes which don't lose their curl all day.

- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade

Cannot imagine using anything else on my eyebrows! The waterproof formula of this pomade is great for the summers since it will not melt away with the sweat.

Full review here.
LIPSTICKS



I was thinking of doing a separate post for the lipsticks because it was hard to narrow them down. But then I thought how can the post be complete without them. However, I won't be going into the details of the lipsticks but will just list them! And them being listed here means that I love the colour and formula of these and have been wearing them regularly. To see pictures of me wearing them, head over my Instagram Account (@samansmakeup) where I post looks, swatches and outfits! 

- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Berlin and Lolita II (Review)
- MAC Retro Matte Lipstick in Relentlessly Red and Dangerous (Review)
- Huda Beauty Liquid Matte in Gossip Gurl and Trendsetter
- Colourpop Matte X Lipstick in Love Life
- Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Craze
- Jouer Cosmetics Lon Wear Lip Creme Liquid Lipstick in Fraise Bon Bon (the BEST bright pink ever)

That pretty much sums up most of the makeup that I am using these days. For more details, makeup looks and other ramblings, head over to my Snapchat (@themakeuppouch) and Instagram (@themakeuppouch)!

Love.