Wednesday 25 October 2017

NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Ginger - Review

Everyone and their mother is a big fan of the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. This concealer has been loved and raved by all and unfortunately, it didn't work too well for me and I ended up not liking it. However, their new Soft Matte Concealer promised full-coverage and an ultra-light-weight cream formula which blurs imperfections leaving the skin with a soft-matte, natural-looking finish. The reviews on this new concealer were quite positive with a lot of bloggers speaking highly of this, but I was a little hesitant given my experience with the Radiant Creamy Concealer. Until my friend tried this in store and convinced me to add this to my cart during the Sephora Spring Sale.


The NARS Soft Matte Concealer comes in a round pot with the typical NARS rubber cap. Though not a lot of people prefer the pot, I actually like it because it helps me in precise application of the concealer with a brush which also helps to control the quantity. Plus it looks pretty and adds variety to my vanity.


The formula of the concealer is light-weight, unlike the Radiant Creamy Concealer which felt heavy in comparison. As a result, it applies and blends easily and does not feel heavy on the skin. It is extremely pigmented and hence not a lot of product is required. I usually apply the concealer with a concealer brush and then blend it out with my Beauty Blender, after which I set with setting powder. This technique gives my undereye a natural and satin-matte finish. I have even tried using my fingers to apply and blend the concealer and even that way it looks great. This is why I love the concealer- it covers my undereye without making me appear cakey or made up.

Though on the pricier bit, I would highly recommend this concealer. Plus a little goes a long way. It retails for $30 and is available at Sephora.

Love.