Sunday 1 February 2015

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in Peach Club - Review

Bourjois products have never really tempted me but when my sister bought this lipstick in the shade Ole Flamingo, I immediately fell in love with the product. The packaging, the lipstick and the fact that it was matte made me fall head over heels in love with it. However, it turned out that, like me, everyone else loved them too and therefore, these were out of stock everywhere in Islamabad. I scoured all the shops until I finally found this and too my great fortune, it was the last piece available. I grabbed it with both hands and since that day, my lips has worn nothing else than this.


Lip Creams are my latest loves and the Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition Lipstick is currently #1 on my lip cream love list. The lipstick comes in a rectangular tube which is the same color as the lipstick. A doe-foot applicator is attached to the cap which makes application super easy.


This lip cream is so perfect that I don't know where to start from. The texture is velvety and applies smoothly. The lipstick is so pigmented that you need only one swipe; I just dab the cream lightly on my lips and then blend with my fingers for a light wash of color. If I want the color to be stronger, then I use the applicator to spread the color on my lips. After about 2 minutes, the lipstick settles on your lips and becomes matte. It then stays on your lips for about 4-5 hours. Little eating or drinking does not cause it to fade. It doesn't make your lips feel dry and neither does it highlight any dryness.


Overall, the lipstick is amazing and a must have. Peach Club is a peachy coral shade with hints of pink and orange in it. It is a great everyday wear color. I would definitely recommend this lipstick to everyone. The shade range is great and everyone will find a color to their liking. 










The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick is available at Bourjois counters across Pakistan and is priced at PKR 1300. 

Love.