Monday 23 February 2015

Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin - Review

Loved and raved by all ladies out there, Revlon's Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combination skin needs no introduction. I couldn't resist buying this foundation and like all the ladies, this foundation has been my HG for the past few months. Read on to find out what makes it a winner.

Revlon's Colorstay Foundation comes in a medium-sized glass bottle. The bottle does not have a pump and you need to pour out the foundation, Although, this doesn't bother me much, I know a lot of ladies, who find this to be a bit of a nuisance because firstly you cannot control the amount of product that comes out and secondly, they believe it to be a little unhygienic. But like I said before, I don't find this to be a problem.


This foundation is a dream come true for all those with oily skins because the foundation dries matte and no amount of heat or sweat can make your skin look oily when you have this on. But I would still recommend those with oily skins to set this with an oil-controlling face powder especially in the summers. The foundation does not slip from your skin and its transfers slightly. If blended properly, the foundation does not highlight any dry patches. The formula of the foundation is thick and you need to work around with it to blend it flawlessly into your skin. I use the Real Techniques Miracle Sponge or the Real Techniques Buffing Brush from the Core Collection to blend the foundation. Since, it is thick it you also need to give it sometime to settle before applying the rest of the makeup on your face. Revlon's Colorstay Foundation offers medium to full coverage depending on the type of look. On some occasions I just use a tiny amount for medium coverage and on other occasions, I go all out. But one has to be really careful with the amount, else you'll end up looking completely white (Yup, I've made that mistake). The foundation has a mild smell, which I really like, but it vanishes after a bit.

                   L- Bare Face                                                      R- Revlon Colorstay Foundation applied

Revlon's Colorstay Foundation is an amazing drugstore foundation with a large shade range for a variety of skin tones. Though, I have Normal skin, I chose the Oily/Combination Variant and I think it suited my skin brilliantly since I wanted something that would stay on my face for as long as I want and secondly, I did not want something with a dewy finish. On my normal skin, the foundation lasts for a good 10 hours and that is the maximum that I have worn it. Removing the foundation also requires a bit of extra effort. I would strongly advice you remove the foundation with a proper cleanser, before washing your face with a facewash. The double cleaning will remove all traces of the makeup from your face, preventing the foundation from settling in your pores.


The foundation is highly recommended to all the lovely readers who are looking for a full coverage foundation and especially to those who have oily skin and are looking for something suitable to their skin type.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation is available at all Revlon Counters across Pakistan. However, these foundations are slightly expensive here, so if you want to save some money and are willing to wait, then it is best to order from the Facebook pages. I ordered my foundation through Amor.

Have you tried this foundation? What are your thoughts on it?

Love.