Sunday 18 October 2015

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop - Review


Probably one of most coveted releases in the world of makeup this year, Becca's Champagne Pop is definitely a great addition to my makeup stash. This beauty was created in collaboration with Youtube sensation, Jaclyn Hill. Initially, I though I'll give this a skip but after reading rave reviews and on the insistence of friends, I hgave into my craving and ordered it. Read on to see whether this matches the hype or not.

Champagne Pop comes in the typical Becca packaging. Round compacts with rubberized edging. Apart from the box which mimics the shade of the highlighter, the rest of the packaging is similar to Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfectors Pressed.


Becca's Champagne Pop is a lovely champagne gold colour with peachy undertones. The highlighter is like butter and applies extremely smoothly and blends easily to give a beautiful glow which can be subtle as well as 100-watt, depending on the amount you apply. It is highly pigmented and one swipe is enough to give a visible glow. The lasting power of the highlighter is also brilliant and it lasts almost all day on my normal skin.


While, I was swatching Champagne Pop, I decided to swatch my other two favourite highlighters, theBalm's Mary Lou Manizer and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, to check their similarities. As you can see from the swatches, Mary Lou Manizer comes out more white as compared to Champagne Pop while MAC Soft and Gentle (review) is slightly pinky.


Becca's Champage Pop was to be a limited edition product. but it is still available at Sephora and rumours are that it will be made permanent. I would suggest you to grab it as soon as possible so that you don't miss it. This was definitely a great addition to my collection.


Love.

P.s. Becca and Jaclyn Hill seem to be on a roll. They just released the first looks of the Champagne Glow palette which is a LE one and has 3 highlight shades. Well hopefully I will be skipping that one since I have my eyes on several other holiday palettes. *fingers crossed* ;)