Tuesday 17 October 2017

Jouer Cosmetics Powder Highlighter in Topaz - Review

One can obviously never have too many highlighters. Hence, when I was placing a recent order, I decided to casually throw in this highlighter by Jouer into my cart while no one was looking (Hehehe) because I obviously needed a darker-toned highlighter for the summer glow. Now that summer is almost over and I have used this highlighter extensively, I think it is time for me to sit down and review this product.



To start with the packaging of this highlighter is total eye-candy; I love the gold reflective compact! The square compact seems pretty sturdy, although I obviously never take the risk of dropping my highlighters. Moving forward, the formula of the highlighter is pretty amazing. It is smooth and fine and blends well without appearing chunky or glittery. Topped with a setting spray such as MAC Fix+, the highlighter makes your skin shine bright like a 1000-watt bulb. I mostly apply it with Morphe M501 Brush on the top of my cheekbones, in the inner corner of my eyes and on my brow bone. Other than that, I sometimes even use this as an eyeshadow.


Topaz is a light-medium bronze gold shade with warm tones and hints of peach in it and ofcourse complements our Pakistani skintones. I compared Topaz to MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle because that is the only other bronze highlighter that I have and the 2 were quite different. Soft and Gentle is more glittery, has cooler tones and is less gold compared to Topaz.












To sum it up, I really liked Jouer Cosmetics Powder Highlighter in Topaz. From the shade to the formula, everything was amazing and I will not hesitate to recommend this to my readers.

Jouer Topaz
Love.