Friday 18 May 2018

Brand Focus - Milani Cosmetics

Honestly speaking, I love the idea of a brand focus because you get to explore a brand in detail and read mini-reviews on the different products it has to offer.

I decided to do this brand focus on Milani as it is one of my favourite high-street brands. I wouldn't say it drugstore because it isn't as cheap as Wet n Wild or ELF but it is still less expensive compared to other higher-end brands. Nonetheless, the quality of Milani products is amazing and gives other high-end brands a run for their money. Plus the packaging of most Milani products is stunning; the gold detailing is so luxe.


Over the years, I have collected a lot of products from the brand, so here goes!

PRIME LIGHT STROBING + PORE-MINIMIZING FACE PRIMER

I cannot think of doing my makeup without applying a primer. This primer promises to minimize the appearance of pores and make your skin look smooth and healthy. While the primer does add radiance to the skin, it doesn't entirely minimize the appearance of pores and the glitter in the primer is pretty visible. I usually have to dab away the excess glitter to avoid looking like a disco ball. However, this is pretty hydrating and is amazing for those days when my skin feels super dry; but I do not see myself using this in the summers.

CONCEAL + PERFECT 2-IN-1 FOUNDATION + CONCEALER

Milani's foundation has been widely hyped and beauty bloggers have been swearing by it. Every now and then I look for new foundations which I can wear on an everyday basis, especially those which can survive the horrible summer heat in Pakistan and Milani's seemed to fit the bill so I got hold of this.

Unfortunately, I ended up getting a shade darker, but formula-wise I really like this foundation. The formula is on the thicker side, but at the same time, it is moussey which means its easy to blend. Once set, the foundation doesn't move. I wouldn't say that it conceals entirely, it does a good job, but I still use a concealer to conceal my problem areas especially my dark circles.

RETOUCH + ERASE LIGHT-LIFTING CONCEALER

This is definitely one of my favourite products from the brand. For starters, it covers up my dark circles brilliantly along with brightening up my undereye. Apart from that, the consistency is not very thick because of which it does not cake up my undereye or make it feel heavy.

EYE TECH EXTREME LIQUID EYELINER

When I first got this eyeliner, I was totally in love with it. The felt-tip was firm yet flexible and did not hurt my eyes. The finish was dark black and matte which I prefer. However, over time I stopped using it mainly because I prefer using a brush to apply my eyeliner. But those who like using liquid or felt-tip eyeliners, this is definitely worth getting.


MILANI BAKED BLUSH

This is the first product that I got from Milani and that too because Luminoso was touted to be a dupe for the infamous Nars Blush in Orgasm. While the two are visibly different (See comparison swatches here), Luminoso is my go-to peach blush, especially when I'm aiming for a subtle, glowy look. The colour itself is gorgeous and the blush adds a soft, natural glow to the face. Since the product is baked, it is hard and not strongly pigmented. However, this is a plus since you can build up the colour according to your preference.

ROSE POWDER BLUSH

Unfortunately, Milani's Rose Powder Blush was a miss for me considering is very powdery, as a result of which there is a lot of fallout. The product isn't pigmented and it takes a bit of effort to blend the colour on your skin. Plus, it has a weird smell. So, wouldn't recommend this one from the brand.

SETTING SPRAYS

Setting sprays are part of my daily makeup routine and I was very excited to try these ones from Milani. However, I wasn't very impressed with them. Though, the Make It Last one does extend the wear time of my makeup, it doesn't really help my makeup look put together. And the Make it Glow one doesn't make the face look radiant as I would want it to. Once I finish the bottles I have, I will go back to using my trusted NYX Make It Dewy setting spray.

AMORE MATTE LIP CRÈME

I have definitely built quite a collection of the matte lip cremes mostly because the colours are so gorgeous. The formula of the lip cremes is also good. The consistency is slightly runny but the flat applicator helps in precise application and spreading of product. I have the shades Loved, Precious, a lovely, soft petal pink; Gorgeous which is a deep hot pink; Craze, a bright coral; and Sweetheart, a banging pink.


I never realised that I had so many products from the brand. Haha. But that's just because I love the brand so much.

My picks from the brand - Baked Blush, Amore Matte Lip Cremes and Concealer.

Love.