Friday 11 May 2018

Masarrat Misbah Matte Luxe Lipstick in Scarlet Fury - Review

Masarrat Misbah recently launched a new collection of lipsticks and added new colours to their liquid lipstick range and considering how much I love the brand for being just so Pakistani, I had to at least check them out.


After much contemplation and swatching of lipsticks instore, considering I had similar shades already (dilemmas of a self-confessed lipstick addict), I settled on Scarlet Fury.

Scarlet Fury is a deep, pink berry with red undertones. Though the colour is on the deeper side, I had been searching for such a shade for a long time and the shade looked so very perfect for summer evenings that getting this one was definitely a no-brainer for me.


The formula of the lipstick is a lot like MAC's Retro Matte lipsticks. It applies easily and has a smooth consistency. The lipstick settles to a semi-matte finish and once set it stays on for a long time - the maximum I have worn it is five hours. The best part is that it doesn't make your lips feel dry or cracked.

Last but not the least, the lipsticks are packaged in simple black and silver bullets which look pretty chic.

Overall, I'm really liking this new range of lipsticks from the Masarrat Misbah brand and would definitely recommend everyone to check them out.


The only drawback, in my opinion, is the range which is pretty limited; I was hoping for some deep browns tailor-made for the Pakistani skin tone. I hope the team behind MM Makeup expands the shade range because these lipsticks are really great and on par with international brands.

Have you tried the Matte Lux Lipsticks by Masarrat Misbah? Which is your favourite shade?

Love.