Tuesday 30 August 2016

Loreal Infallible Pro Matte in True Beige - Review


Foundations are my latest obsession and I've been trying out new ones lately. The latest one to be part of my vanity is the Loreal Infallible Pro Matte which had to be ordered sooner or later given the raving reviews I had read on this. To be very honest, I am very glad that the foundation was as good as I expected, if not better.

For starters, I really like the packaging. The tube is really cute and compact and is the sort which can fit in almost anywhere. The plastic packaging is a welcoming change from the usual bottles but then again this is my personal preference. 


Moving onto the foundation itself. The formula of the foundation is brilliant. You get medium coverage with a little bit and it can be build it up to full coverage. The consistency is slightly on the thicker side but it is a breeze to blend. You can achieve a flawless finish with a Beauty Blender, a foundation brush as well as your fingers. Given the amazing pigmentation, you only need a small amount for the whole face. The foundation covers up uneven and dull skin and little redness. I love how the foundation visibly brightens up my skin and gives me fresh looking skin. Loreal's Infallible Pro Matte gives a nice semi-matte finish which lasts almost all day except on days when you continuously sweat. In sweaty situations, even the best of foundations don't last anyways.

My two favourite foundation application tools: Morphe M439 and Beauty Blender
In the collage below you can see how visibly brighter and fresher my skin looks after I applied the foundation. All photos were taken in the same spot near a sunlit window and are unedited. Although my skin doesn't look this bad in real life, the camera seemed to have picked even the minor of imperfections. Oh well.


For reference, I am NC 30 in MAC and I use True Beige (105) in Loreal Infallible which is a perfect fit for my complexion.

The Loral Infallible Pro Matte Foundation comes in two variations: the US one and the UK one which has a different packaging. The UK one is available in Pakistan. However, I tried the US version of this foundation which is supposed to be better than the one available in Pakistan. While the US version retails for only $12.99, the one available in Pakistan is almost 2400 rupees. Hence, your best bet would be to get this from an online retailer because not only is formula great, it is also slightly cheaper than its Pakistani counterpart.

Given the beautiful finish and lasting power, it is no surprise that this foundation has become a makeup addict's darling and has everyone raving about it.

Love.