Sunday 7 August 2016

Lorac Light Source Illuminating Highlighter in Daylight - Review


There is no end to a makeup addict's highlighter obsession and I am no exception. When I saw Lorac's latest highlighters on Kathleen Light's Instagram, I knew that I needed to get at least one of these. Choosing a single shade is a feat in its own and there were not many swatches available online but I finally settled on Daylight which seemed like a nice light gold. After much patience, I finally got hold of this and I couldn't be happier!

First of all, I absolutely love the packaging of these highlighters. The compact is hard and metallic and is gunmetal in colour. The compacts shuts with a nice clasp which is incredibly satisfying. However, there is no mirror.


Having already tried out Lorac's eyeshadows and loving their smoothness and pigmentation, I had expected the highlighters to be nothing less than those. And I am glad to report that they were definitely up to the mark. Lorac's Highlighter in Daylight is incredibly pigmented and applies smoothly onto the cheeks. It lasts for almost 6 hours on my primed skin and topped with a makeup setting spray which brings out the highlight even more. What I love about the highlighter is that there is no glitter in the highlighter; instead it gives a beautiful sheen.


Daylight is an apt name for this shade because this highlighter gives a glow like the one you get when the sun hits your face. Daylight is a champagne gold colour which not only looks beautiful on the cheek but looks equally stunning on the brow bone.


In the swatch above, I have compared Lorac's Daylight to Becca's Champagne Pop, Anastasia Beverly Hills Starlight and the Balm's Mary Lou Manizer. Champagne Pop is peachier, while Starlight has whiter tones in comparison. The closest dupe is the Balm's Mary Lou Manizer which is also a white gold, but then again that is a bit more frosty than the Lorac one. Nonetheless, all colours seem different on the faces and look stunning on our Asian skintones.

At $22, Lorac's Light Source Illuminating Highlighters are more affordable than their higher end counterparts and are available at Lorac's Website and Ulta.

Have you tried any of these beauties? Let me know in the comments below.

Love.