Friday 23 March 2018

A Lash-y Affair!

With Instagram tutorials giving us makeup inspirations all the time, fake lashes have suddenly become the rage as they up the makeup look and give your eyes the oomph factor they so deserve. Finding the perfect pair of lashes is always a hassle, especially here in Pakistan where the variety in-stores is pretty limited and a lot of the lashes are extravagantly priced.

I, myself, am always on the hunt for good quality lashes, which are not only affordable but also easy to apply, so I decided to share my knowledge with all my readers and help find lashes which will suit you best.

Ardell Wispies

Ardell's Wispies are my go-to lashes for ANY occasion because firstly, they add a flirty, feminine touch to the eyes and overall look and secondly their band is so fine that they are literally the quickest and easiest to apply. Last but not the least, their affordable price tag is the cherry on top.
Samah M Secret Lashes were introduced into the market by a Lahore-based makeup artist Samah Mudassar. These lashes are slightly on the pricier side at 1500 rupees each. However, I got the style Noshi and I really love how these lashes complement my eyes. The band is not very thick but it is sturdy which makes it easy to apply. I have worn my lashes a couple of times and they are still going strong.

Would definitely recommend everyone to try these out.

Salwa Admaney

Wearing Salwa Lashes in Tulip
Salwa Admaney, a Karachi-based makeup artist and enthusiast launched her line of lashes last year. Since they are easily available online, I ordered myself 2 pairs of lashes in the style, Rose and Tulip. Though I really liked the lashes and the quality, I felt that they were too big and heavy for my eye shape and the band was on the thicker side, which felt a little uncomfortable. Apart from that, the lashes are brilliant and I see myself reaching out for them when I really want to glam up. 

Sweet Touch


I recently got the Sweet Touch eyelashes for a wedding and to be honest I was quite surprised at how they turned out to be. The band was light and the lashes were easy to apply. Plus the styles were exactly like the Huda Beauty ones but at one-third the price.

Artmatic

Probably the easiest to find, the Artmatic Lashes have been available in Pakistan since forever. These were also the first pair of lashes I ever bought and used. Considering the price tag, these lashes are great for beginners. However, the quality is not all that great and the lashes are flimsy to say the least, barely surviving more than once. The styles are also limited and not very suitable for small to medium eyes as the length of the lashes is pretty long.

House of Lashes
House of Lashes Featherette
Having heard so much about the House of Lashes, I ordered 2 pairs of lashes from the brand when my knowledge of lashes was pretty limited. Turns out that was a bad idea since at that time, I had no idea which lashes would suit my eye shape and face and I ended up getting lashes which usually did not complement my look except for two-three times. However, to be very honest I'm not a big fan of the lashes because the band is a little too thick for my liking and hence ends up poking my eyes and irritating them.

I got the styles Featherette and Noir Fairy, and Featherette suited my eyes much better than Noir Fairy, which was too heavy for them.

Other available lashes

Huda Beauty
Krylon
Zhoosh

The lashes listed above are those which are popular and are available in the market. However, since I have not tried them personally, I cannot review on them. I've heard great things about the Zhoosh lashes but their hefty price tag always put me off, so I haven't really gotten around to trying them.

Lash Glue

As a beauty blogger and makeup enthusiast, I have been asked countless times which lash glue to use. For everyone, my recommendation has remained the same. Nothing, I repeat nothing comes close to the Sweet Touch Lash Glue. I have used several lash glues, including the Duo Adhesive and Huda Beauty Lash Glue but I always end up using the Sweet Touch one.

For starters, it is clear and hence doesn't ruin your eye makeup by leaving any marks. Secondly, it makes your lashes stay put for eternity. I have cried (on rukhsatis, let me be very clear) with lashes on and they haven't moved an inch thanks to this glue. So I swear by this. Need I say more

Unfortunately, due to its excess demand, the glue tends to remain out of stock but whenever I spot it, I grab a couple of tubes which last me for a good 6 months and even more.

Lash Care

Most lashes are usually reusable and can be used plenty of times but that depends on how you take care of them and store them. In fact, it is essential and hygienic to ensure that your lashes are clean because you have to put them on your eyes, which are very sensitive.

After using my lashes, I gently tug of bits of dry glue that is sticking out from the lashes and then put them back in their boxes, so that they remain clean and don't attract dirt and dust.

Every once in a while, I deep clean my lashes by soaking them in lukewarm water which breaks down the extra glue and other makeup and sanitises them. After that, I gently brush them again so that any remaining bits are removed and then leave them out to dry. Once dry, I put them back in their cases/or boxes.

For a more detailed routine on how to clean your lashes, you can always watch Youtube tutorials.

Hope you guys found this post informative and interesting. Let me know in the comments below.

Love.