Sunday 25 September 2016

Favourite Highlighters

I confess that I have become a highlighter junkie! I really can't help myself when I see a new highlighter because I need then to get the 100-watt glow which I absolutely love. Many people have asked me time and time again about my favourite highlighter so I decided to write on my top 3 highlighters without which I cannot live!

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne PopChampagne Pop is definitely one of the most coveted highlighters in the makeup world. It came, it saw and it conquered ALL! This beautiful peachy gold highlighter complements our wheatish skin tone and adds a lovely, healthy glow. If there is one highlighter I would recommend to everyone, it would have to be this.

Laura Geller Baked Illuminator in Gilded Honey - This highlighter is a stunning gold. Since it is baked, it doesn't have any glitter and gives the most gorgeous sheen ever. I love how one swipe gives me a 100-watt effect.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle is a cult-favourite and is adored by all makeup lovers.  Soft and Gentle is a peachy bronze shade which definitely makes you look like a greek goddess with glowing, sunkissed skin.


Lorac Light Source Illuminating Highlighter in Daylight - Lorac's Daylight is my latest glow obsession and I cannot think of a day on which I did not apply this. It is a warm, champagne gold colour which again looks stunning against our Asian skin tones.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Illuminator in Starlight - Starlight is definitely not like any other highlighter that I own. It is a white gold colour which definitely leaves you shining bright like a star.

You can read full reviews on these highlighters by clicking on the bold text.

Oh and while we are on the subject on highlighters, I would love to focus some attention on the Morphe M501 Brush which is like the best brush ever for applying highlighters. It is fluffy and picks up little pigment which helps you build up your highlighter. It also blends the highlighter brilliantly.

Also another mini tip: When I am done applying my highlighter, I gently dab the areas where I applied the highlighter with a wet Beauty Blender which not only helps the highlighter to set but it also brings out the glow even more. Loving this technique for a 100-Watt glow.

Which highlighter is your favourite?

Love.